Monday 14 February 2011

bruxELLEs

Hubby surprised us with a trip to Bruxelles yesterday. It was a bit cold but we enjoyed walking the streets. We had Mexican food, I got my latte and of course we went to a bookshop. If you ever find yourself in Bruxelles and you need something to read in English, I recommend Sterling Books, which offers a great selection of classics and new titles, also for children. And they're open on Sundays. In my opinion, all bookshops should be open on Sundays!

I got the March issue of ELLE UK and it's filled with wonderful stuff. I've already read the interviews with Keira Knightley and Tom Ford, and of course I read the Garance Doré article right away.

Tom Ford directed the cover shoot and Terry Tsiolis took the gorgeous photos. Keira Knightley is of course stunning in some of the clothes from Ford's Spring/Summer 2011 Collection, his first in six years. If you haven't seen the wonderful video from his NY fashion show, I think you definitely should click play! You'll see Beyoncé and some other fabulous women of all ages showing his clothes to a crowd of one hundred.


YouTube: Tom Ford video - music: Karen Elson / Pretty Babies



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day - and you can't go wrong with a bit of Garance and Keira!

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect weekend. Love Keira... she is so pretty. Happy Valentines Day. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous collection and show. Love the black shiny 50's style hat, what an eye-catcher! Your Sunday sounded perfect:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I figured 12 was a bit late for 'monday morning randoms' ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm heading to a bookstore today and buying the magazine as a Valetines Day present to myself :) Sounds like you had a wonderful surprise trip....how I love those! I think bookshops should just be open 24/7...and I will win the lottery and spend my days lazing away in comfy armchairs with all the classics right at my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anait, I like that; I don't think you'll be disappointed. And I'm so with you on the 24/7 opening hours and the comfy armchairs plus the classics ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.