Monday 28 February 2011

oscars looks

What did you guys think about the Oscars? I haven't seen The King's Speech yet but I'm happy that it did so well; I think Colin Firth deserved to win this year. I loved director Tom Hooper's acceptance speech, especially the part where he told about a phone call he got from his mother, who had attended a reading of the play (I think that's what he said) and called him afterward and said she thought she had found his next film. Then he added: "The moral of the story is: Listen to your mother!"

These were my favourite looks on the red carpet: Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein, pregnant Best Actress winner Natalie Portman in Rodarte, Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott and host Anne Hathaway in vintage Valentino Haute Couture.


photo credit:
1. Steve Granitz
2 & 3. Jason Merritt
4. Frazer Harrison
via People

9 comments:

  1. Mila Kunis was by far my favorite...I'm in love with both her and Natalie. I don't discriminate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie Portman was glowing and Gwyneth looked amazing too in Calvin Klein. They are definitely among my favourites. I'm happy The King's Speech won, I saw it in the weekend and loved it.
    Ada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy The King's Speech won! Such a great great movie and acting accomplishments. You've got to see it soon;) There were so many beautiful dresses this year, compared to last year! I love the ones you've picked out here very much, but Cate Blanchet and Michelle Williams were even more impressive to me. Hope you have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. definitely this is the week of awards. You have one on my blog, do not forget to pick it up. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen the King's Speech either but it's now on my must-see list!! If you see it before I do, let me know what you think!

    Happy Monday Dear! xo

    Oh, and pop by & enter my PERFUME GIVEAWAY today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The King's Speech is very good. Totally deserved it!

    I loved Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman and Hailee Steinfeld (she is too cute!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis but hey - you know how I am when it comes to purple ;)

    Hugs,
    Signe

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual Cate Blanchett rocked in an etchy Givenchy Haute Couture gown and my haircut twin Michelle Williams was angelic in the Chanel Haute Couture dress. These two stood out for me. Amy Adams,when I saw her I immediately thought - something doesn't fit here! It was the neckless - it was like she threw it on last minute or something.

    Normally I love Gwyneth Paltrow and I loved the dress but her figure is to straight and boyish for that dress.
    And the best for last...Nicole Kidman should not have left the house wearing that dreadful gown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Signe, you are hopeless, hahaha ;-) But those two dresses were really beautiful. I'd have liked though to see the colour of Mila Kunis's dress just a bit stronger.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.