Tuesday 3 May 2011

emmanuelle alt delivers

photo credit: LatteLisa

There I was yesterday browsing the magazine shelves and suddenly this gorgeous red thing with Kate Moss on the cover was staring right at me and no other magazine stood a chance. A few minutes later I was out on the balcony in the sun, with red wine, baguette, green olives and cheese, savouring every single page, and my food of course. The photography, oh my! Let me just go ahead and say it: The May 2011 issue of Vogue Paris is everything it promises to be and more; Emmanuelle Alt has definitely found her rhythm as editor. Now I just need to find my French language rhythm to be able to enjoy it even more.

In editor's note Alt honours the memory of Elizabeth Taylor and includes a beautiful and summery photo of her. Alt's editorial featuring Kate Moss wearing haute couture, photographed by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, is simply stunning, especially the black and white photographs where she's wearing Dior and Elie Saab. No one does it better than Kate (a clichéd view? I don't care). Another editoral by Alt features Malgosia Bela, photographed in black and white by Inez Van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, and it's fun, full of stripes, polka dots and even smiles. Love the smiles!

There are many other gorgeous editorials, short articles and appealing ads. Everything in this issue somehow connects so well; it's an issue which Alt and her team can be very proud of – totally worth buying.

10 comments:

  1. You were right, Lisa. I definitely want to buy this issue,you advertise it so well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifull blog!! And pictures!! Have a nice-nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate Moss is so pretty. Is it wrong that I focused on the bread? hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrong? No Debby, definitely not ;-) Keep in mind that I ate it ;-)

    Ada, French Vogue should pay me percentage for every issue sold ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot how much I like reading magazines (and with some wine--even better). I will try to check out the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, i have the magazine since last week and didn't see yet anything of it...and it's a nice surprise to discover the une here !!
    i want to make my video before the end of the week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vogue!
    A wonderful magazine!!!!
    Have a nice day,
    Hugs,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I am so tempted to run to the little presse stand right now and pick up this issue. Looks divine :)

    Hugs xx

    Camille (Paris in Pink)

    ReplyDelete
  9. In a funny weird way you are the third beautiful blog I`ve found from Belgium!!! And the second from the city of Antwerp!!! Well I must be your follower- your blog is lovely! and I suppose I should visit Antwerp once in the future : ) Enjoy Spring! Love from Norway : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like such a perfect day in the sun!
    And I have the same mint vase as you, they are lovely ey? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.