Saturday 11 February 2012

tulips & pancakes

James Montgomery (1771-1854)
'On Planting a Tulip-root'

As you can see I went to the florist this morning and I brought home white tulips. I'm admiring them on my coffee table while writing this. I'm going to let the café wait and instead I'm making pancakes and hot chocolate later. It's just so cold outside so we want to stay warm and have a cosy day at home, reading and watching DVDs. 

Yesterday while preparing and making the Friday pizzas (yes, always home-made pizzas on Fridays in this home) I let The Jane Austen Book Club (2007) run in the player. It's one of those films that I can watch again and again. I love the cast and every time I watch it I seem to notice little details that I hadn't noticed before. You don't have to be an Austen expert to enjoy the film, though I think you'll enjoy it more if you've read all the six novels.

Well, I'm off to the kitchen to make the pancakes. Have a wonderful Saturday!


photo credit:
LatteLisa

9 comments:

  1. beautiful. I got a bunch of tulips as well. each in a different colour. might take some pics in a few days when the blooms are opening us soom more... happy saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that film sugestion Lisa! your flowers look absolutely great. I was going to buy some white tulips too today, but I end up buying white roses instead... (they were way cheaper for some reason) stil. very very beautiful : )


    enjoy your cozy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a cozy day! The tulips are beautiful. The movie you mentioned is one of my faves too. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm I like the sound of Pizza Fridays! I did love The Jane Austen Book Club, I like those sort of collaborative movies.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tulips are lovely! I bought my first batch last week - so pretty.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds so lovely Lisa - have a wonderful sunday ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tulips are beautiful. I feel like some pancakes too, it's 7.24pm here...breakfast for dinner? Maybe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tulips are so beautiful! White tulips are some of my favourite flowers. Enjoy your weekend, Lisa, and stay warm! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots Lisa, I know how good it feels to see their beauty at every glance :) I bought myself light pink tulips yesterday. I've not seen that movie... Would love to see it though! Hope you're enjoying your relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.