Friday 14 December 2012

charming spaces: ice blue accents & wonder


This space isn't a real home, it's a styling for Sia, but I just had to post the photo. The ice blue accents appeal to me but find the tree way over the top. It's decoration overload. What really appeals to me is the feeling of wonder in the shot; the children are simply adorable.

The baking went well yesterday and the children especially loved almond oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I made. I love it when good recipes are created with only one try. In the middle of all the baking I realised that I had completely forgotten all about a parent teacher meeting at school so I had to give the baking a rest and go out the door. At the meeting I learned that my son is picking up German at a good speed and next year he'll be learning French. When I told him he wasn't as excited as I was!

Enjoy your day, I'll be back tomorrow with that recipe!

photo credit:
Sia Home Fashion via Nuevo Estilo

6 comments:

  1. So next year your son will be speaking Dutch, German and French, oau, you have to be proud, Lisa!
    Actually, I have to tell you that this Christmas tree is my kind of tree even though I assume this one is artificial or? Have a wonderful day :*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this photo! Also more because of the magic rather than colour or deco. It feels Christmasy.
    Congratulations to your little boy for doing so well! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feeling in that photo is magical! You must be so proud of your son. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's like a fairy tale. but you are right, too much for reality...


    happy weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous photo, Lisa...there is a lovely feeling of wonder...perfect.
    Thank you for dropping by...I should have credited the photograph (I have now) it is by Italain fashion photographer
    Paolo Roversi...it's absolutely stunning isn't it?
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree. The feeling of wonder that's evoked is what makes this photo so fantastic.
    Good for your son :-)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.