Friday 25 January 2013

Space: gold and brown shades



Today's charming space is an upstairs room in a New York townhouse, in the West Village, that was once owned by musician Billy Joel and his ex-wife Katie Lee, who used it as a casual living room. It was Nate Berkus who helped them with the design. I like how well balanced it is; how the gold and brown shades make the room look warm without being heavy. I love the white bookshelves and the small lamps attached to them. It's such a beautiful space.

On a personal note, I'm feeling better today but now our son is sick. It happens to be A's birthday and this morning our son asked if his father was 99 years old. Ahem ... he's older than I am but he's not quite there yet!

photo credit:
Paul Costello for Domino magazine via La Dolce Vita

6 comments:

  1. Lots of natural light is always a good sign...and those lamps/sconces on the bookcases are cute too. Glad to hear you're feeling better - maybe the weather has something to do with it when other members of the family don't feel good either. Have a lovely weekend Lisa:) x PS: it seems I must have missed quite a bit this week on the runways? ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better Lisa! Just hope your son has a quick recovery too! Have a lovely weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely...elegantly charming.
    I'm glad you're feeling better...hope your son feels better soon...love his comment about his Father...the things our children say ;-)
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your son's remark just made my day, Lisa. Glad to hear you're better and I hope he'll feel better soon too. That's a lovey room. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha your son is adorable! I bet A loved that. Hope he has a wonderful bday despite that. And hope your son feels better soon.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Lisa. And I absolutely love that space. So warm and light. That's exactly what I'm attempting to recreate with my redecorating project :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like a perfect spot to curl up with a book in. hope you all feel much better soon and you are at least well enough to have a bit of birthday cake :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.