Thursday 7 March 2013

home decor: getting ready for spring


This is how my sitting area, or my part of it (I like relaxing on that chaise lounge), looks right now. I wanted to bring spring into the house so I ordered a new cushion and some other stuff from Zara Home. The cushion cover is called Matka and is made of 100% mulberry silk. It looks more neon pink in reality than on the website, but I do like it; it brightens up the space. Later I could tone the look down with a different colour of a throw but at the moment I'm in the mood for this blend of pink and light blue.

I was browsing the website of the German magazine Schöner Wohnen and they have a gallery with spring decor ideas. They, for example, talk about bringing colour into your home, making it free of clutter, decorating with branches to get the Easter look, and allowing light to enter every room. Below are some of my favourite photos from their gallery.


Are you making any changes to your home this spring? Got any decorating tips to share?

photo credit:
1: Lisa Hjalt / 2-5: via Schöner Wohnen

3 comments:

  1. First of all, what a wonderful bright spot in your home! Love it! We've had some beautiful, sunny days and the light that enters our home makes the first difference. I have tulips in every room, a different colour in each room and I think I'd like to buy some bright decorative objects to give the space a proper spring look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your reading nook, Lisa! Oh and I am so ready for spring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Mum and I are trying to redesign some things in the house, can't wait!

    http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.