Wednesday 6 March 2013

travel inspiration: italy

Whoever created the world went to a lot of trouble. It would be downright rude not to go out and see as much of it as possible.
Edward Readicker-Henderson,
'Cheating Death', National Geographic Traveler, May 2012

I believe I may have fallen under the spell of Italy after reading my travel magazines and a few online articles. I haven't been to Italy for years and there are so many parts of it I haven't visited. I have never been further south than Rome and I dream of visiting the Amalfi Coast one day.

Do you happen to have an Italian dream destination?


photo credit:
1 (Amalfi Coast): Thomas Linkel via National Geographic Traveler / 2 (Montalcino): via Condé Nast Traveler / 3-4 (Tuscany): Dan Hofstadter via Condé Nast Traveler

10 comments:

  1. lovely. I have an Italy obsession, too. I want to go to Sicily. and back to Venice. one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some pen friends from Italy, as a teenager, we were all writing in terrible english, but the contact was good and warm and I am so sorry I never took the opportunity to visit them (and Italy!)

    The whole country is a dream destination, but I would choose south Italy mostly because of the clima ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you about seeing the Amalfi Coast - talk about a stunning view! I haven't been to Italy in a long time, would like to see Rome-Florence-Venice again, as well as the south.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I long to go back to Italy. I don't think I have an Italian dream destination: I loved Rome, Tuscany, Florence, the Amalfi Coast, the places I visited a few years ago. I want to go back to visit all of them again and so much more of Italy. Thank you for bringing back happy memories with these gorgeous photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Italy ranks up there on my travel wish list. Positano, Tuscany, Siena....

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. My inspiration too Lisa...I ADORE Italy...we're off to Positano in June can't wait...you must go you will absolutely love it and Sardinia...ah...I could talk for hours on the beauty of Sardinia.... ;-)
    Catherine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My next Italian destination would be Sicily. I've been to Rome and the Amalfi coast, and it is as picturesque as on all the photographers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderfully inspiring post, Lisa! I've been to the north several times but the south only once. Last year we had a long visit in Venice. I'd love to spend time on Lake Como.

    It's a long trip for me but if I lived in Europe, I think I'd be there all the time!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been several times to Italy and my favorite places are the Cinque Terre, the Lago Maggiore, Rome, the trulli houses is Alberobello and Matera for it´s incredible ancient town.

    I really want to go to Florence and Venice, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah I love that quote! and Italy looks utterly beautiful!

    http://currentlylovingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.