Monday 29 July 2013

Summer living | Vive l'été

I like the idea of bringing summer into one's home; by that I mean turning a certain spot or a corner into something that looks particularly summery. The one above is in a moderate summer house in The Hamptons, but it's the perfect example of what I'm referring to, it's bright and has a natural feel to it (the woven basket and fresh flowers). This look screams summer.

There are many who use different home accessories (cushions, etc.) during the summertime but when looking at this chest of drawers I begin to wonder if there are people, who don't have summer houses, who go so far as to maybe use different furniture in some spaces. It could be an interesting concept, for example, in the hallway to use a different console table in summertime (applies to those with plenty of storage space!).

What is it about white dresses in summertime? Or white shirts? This photo almost makes me want to hang white linen items in the trees in the garden!

All the photos below are taken on the Spanish island Formentera, which is located south of Ibiza. I have never been on the island myself but I have seen what seems like endless photos of beautiful vacation rentals. It seems like a good place to add to the list of future travels.

photo credit:
1: Eric Josjö for Sköna hem / 2 + 5 + 6: Bikini Birdie via Style Me Pretty (Formentera, Spain) / 3: Miguel Varona via Style Me Pretty / 4: Anna Westerlund Ceramics via Pinterest / 7: Nuevo Estilo (Formentera, Spain)

7 comments:

  1. I've never been to Formentera but I'd love to visit as the Balearic Islands are some of my favourite. Very evocative shots. Happy new week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un été en blanc et bleu ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh Lisa, these pictures are the epitome of Summer cool, adore them:) Have a great day,

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This entire post screams summer. I feel more relaxed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post. i love the Mediterranean inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see our photos in your inspirations... xoxooxox Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving a comment, Megan, I do love the photography!

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.