Tuesday 17 December 2013

notes à la mode 41


In 2010 designer Massimiliano Giornetti presented his first womenswear collection for the house of Salvatore Ferragamo, after replacing Christina Ortiz. Giornetti had been working for the fashion house for ten years and was at the helm of their menswear department. His autumn/winter 2010 collection, which he showed at the Milan Fashion Week, is one of those that seem to be rooted in my memory. I think it has everything to do with the colour palette - reminds me of a forest walk in autumn - and the timelessness of the garments, and also the fact that so many of the pieces appealed to me (e.g. the leather-edged capes, wide-brimmed felt hats, and scarves). His inspiration for the collection was Greta Garbo's 1970s wardrobe and here are some of my favourite close-ups.


photo credit:
Salvatore Ferragamo Autumn 2010 via StyleBistro

_
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | BLOGLOVIN | ÍSLENSK ÚTGÁFA

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite collections of the house too. The colours, fabrics and styles I love for the cold season.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.