Friday 21 February 2014

West Midlands | a countryside walk in Warwickshire

These images were taken last year on a warm and sunny September day when we were travelling in the West Midlands. I had no idea then that I would be living not so far away. It was an idea and perhaps a possibility, but nothing more. We stayed in a beautiful old house which I would like to call a cottage, but it was attached to a larger house of which the oldest part dates back to 1350 (I shared images from the courtyard). It was located east of a small town in Warwickshire called Coleshill, east of Birmingham. The countryside was simply stunning and inspiring.

I remember going for a walk with my son on a narrow road, sometimes being surrounded by trees and having no view at all. Then in between we were able to see the entire countryside and Coleshill in the distance (the church tower in the second photo was our viewpoint). I remember the busy farm life all around, the quietness and peacefulness.

I cannot wait for spring to arrive. It's my plan to take many walks like that to get to know my area a little better. When I look at the map the destinations are endless - beautiful English countryside all around.

Have a wonderful weekend!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful Lisa, you are making me homesick for my homeland.
    Australia is lovely but not like England.
    I hope you will enjoy your spring walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy Paula. I couldn't help smiling when I read that Australia is lovely but not like England because our younger daughter dreams of moving to Australia ;-)

      Delete
  2. Svo fallegt. Við bjuggum í Brighton á meðan maðurinn minn var í háskóla, ég gekk með mitt annað barn og var með þá eldri 1 árs. Hafði ekkert annað að gera á daginn en að ganga með kerruna. Við bjuggum á campus með ensku sveitina í bakgarðinum. Ég fæ bara gæsahúð að sjá þessar myndir hjá þér því þetta voru svo góðar stundir. Og vor í enskri sveit er toppurinn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ég á alveg eftir að upplifa Brighton. Við vorum jafnvel að spá í að dvelja þar bara í einn dag þarna í september áður en við héldum heim á leið en við lengdum ferðina í West Midlands og urðum því að sleppa því. Kannski getum við skellt okkur þangað í sumar, hver veit.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! You never know where the future takes you.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.