Tuesday 8 April 2014

Space: the gym entrance on Ralph Lauren's ranch




If Ralph Lauren ever invites me to his Colorado ranch (very unlikely to happen) I think I will just hang out in the entrance of his gym when I'm not enjoying the nature, as I doubt my design-heart could take the over-decorated ethnic style inside the ranch itself. When I first saw the photos I wondered if the photo shoot was so badly styled or if the ranch actually looks like that. I'm someone who loves home accessories like Navajo blankets and rugs, but there is a limit to how much I can take of it in one room (if you haven't already seen the slideshow on the AD website then don't say I didn't warn you!). Actually, the spa also looks nice but the rest is just … I don't know, I guess the word I'm looking for is tacky (by that I mean the styling, not the individual pieces and furniture). The entrance to the gym is the only room that got my undivided attention. The blankets date back to circa 1880s–1910, and the rug on the floor is a circa-1910 Navajo saddle blanket.

photo credit:
Björn Wallander for Architectural Digest, September 2013

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you're so right about the ranch ><
    The gym looks more sophisticated country indeed!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose right. :) They really overdid it with the rest of the ranch. Apparently I don't like all things Ralph Lauren. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.