Thursday 31 July 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a temporary series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating the season of summer!


If it wasn't warm enough in Beverly Hills the owners of this house went for a warm colour palette - yellow house and tiles, and red chairs - to add even more warmth. With the help of designer Nancy Goslee Power they have created a beautiful Mediterranean-esque setting. Instead of decorative objects on the terrace, they have plenty of potted plants, such as rosemary and lavender, fruit trees and gardenia. I wouldn't mind sitting there enjoying a glass of wine.

I like that the table and chairs don't match. This is exactly what I have in mind for our outdoor living area (which will hopefully be ready next summer). In addition to the dining table, I would like to have a small patio table with a mosaic top and two wooden or wrought iron chairs. I love the idea of taking my morning coffee outdoors on a warm day and using a special table for those moments.
A trompe l'oeil mural by the late Robert Jackson, inspired by those at Pompeii; covering what was once an unsightly retaining wall


photo credit:
Lisa Hubbard for House & Garden, February 2005 via Architectural Digest

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say no to a relaxing weekend in the green in this setting. Daydreaming switched on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could I have the car? And I'll have a latte on the terrace as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why doesn't it surprise me that you like the car? Old Hollywood vibe perhaps? ;-)

      Delete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.