Thursday 16 October 2014

autumn colours at Walkers



Starting this blog post with a quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, "Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall", would have been perfect. However, this autumn season in South Yorkshire (my first) isn't quite crisp, yet. Indeed it's mild and rainy, and there is certainly no reason to complain. Our house is surrounded by evergreens, mainly tall cypress trees, and it wasn't until yesterday that I really noticed the arrival of autumn when I spent some time at Walkers Nurseries garden centre. In the Chinese section of their gardens I vividly saw the orange and yellow shades, beautifully contrasted with the greens all around. I had almost forgotten how much I love this season. Almost! I decided to return to Walkers today and as I write this, I'm sitting at their café, enjoying a latte, and thinking about what to photograph next.
I will be back tomorrow with 'outdoor living'. Have a wonderful (autumn) day!

photo credit:
Lisa Hjalt
- October day at Walkers Nurseries, Blaxton, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your pictures on Instagram so much! This is really grasping the autumn vibe in a perfect way! Happy Thursday, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to reach out and touch those leaves in the third photo. Gorgeous autumn colours! I hope you enjoyed your latte.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder, Lisa. Living in the city, we too must look for signs of the season! This weekend, we head to Wisley Gardens in Surrey to do just that. Happy autumn to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Lisa. Wisley Gardens sounds like a wonderful plan. I have never been there. Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, Lisa! Those Japanese cut leaf maples look like golden lace. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.