Thursday 23 October 2014

Outdoor living

Outdoor living is a series on the blog that contains stylish outdoor living areas and sometimes al fresco table settings. It's about celebrating being outdoors all year round!



I doubt it has escaped anyone that fashion designer Oscar de la Renta (b. 1932 in the Dominican Republic) said his final goodbye last Monday. In this week's 'outdoor living' post I would like to honour his memory by featuring parts of the lush garden surrounding his seaside home in Punta Cana. It gives me the chance to post one of my favourite photos of the designer, where he stands smiling with his dogs under a purple petrea in bloom.


The designer helped around the garden and so did his wife Annette. They both loved this place. I find the vegetation fascinating. The plants look so healthy. The fertiliser used is the Sargasso seaweed harvested from the beach at low tide. I'm also fascinated with all the garden paths and courtyards. I had to feature the limestone fountain below that was built by one of his handymen.
photo credit:
William Waldron for Architectural Digest

1 comment:

  1. I knew I would find one of his gardens or houses featured on your blog sooner or later. I love that photo of him, the dogs and the abundant vegetation in this garden.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment appears on the blog after approval. Comments with commercial links are reported as spam.